Assorted Prayers for Nurses
This page is dedicated in honor of
National Nurses' Week
May 28, 1999
Lord, Help Me
- Lord, please help me bring . . .
- Comfort where there is pain,
- Courage where there is fear,
- Hope where there is despair,
- Acceptance when the End is near, and
- A touch that is
- gentle with tenderness, patience
- And love.
Being A Nurse
by Melodie Chenevert
- Being a nurse means. . .
- You will never be bored.
- You will always be frustrated.
- You will be surrounded by challenges.
- So much to do and so little time.
- You will carry immense responsibility
- and very little authority.
- You will step into people's lives
- and you will make a difference.
- Some will bless you.
- Some will curse you.
- You will see people at their worst--
- and at their best.
- You will never cease to be amazed at people's capacity
- for love, courage, and endurance.
- You will experience resounding triumphs
- and devastating failures.
- You will cry a lot.
- You will laugh a lot.
- You will know what it is to be human
- and to be humane.
A Nurse's Prayer
by Teri Lynn Thompson
Let me dedicate my life today
To care of those who come my way.
Let me touch each one with healing hands
And the gentle art for which I stand.
And then tonight when the day is done,
Let me rest in peace if I've helped just one.
As I care for my patients today
Be there with me, Oh Lord, I pray.
Make my words kindit means so much.
And in my hands place Your healing touch.
Let Your love shine through all that I do.
So those in need may hear and feel You.