David B. Collins
God and Father of all,
- who from the beginning
- came to bring light and truth
- and love to man, by the Word,
- grant to us who deal with words and images,
- such a reverence for You,
- that through careful and honest work,
- we may keep the coinage of our language sound.
- Give us humility to realize that we are called,
- not to be perfect but to be clear,
- not to be infallible but to be fair.
- Direct those who in this our generation
- speak where many listen,
- who write what many read,
- and who show what many see,
- that they may do their part
- in making the heart of our people wise,
- its mind sound, and its will righteous.
download as PDF