The letters of the New Testament offer many expressions of solidarity, in which the bond with one another is a recurring theme.
- Outdo one another in showing honor (see Rom 12:10),
- Live in harmony with one another (Rom 12:16),
- Welcome one another (Rom 15:7),
- Wait for one another (1 Cor 11:33),
- Through love be servants of one another (Gal 5:13),
- Bear one another's burdens (Gal 6:2),
- Encourage one another (1 Thess 5:11),
- Be at peace among yourselves (1 Thess 5:13),
- Seek to do good to one another (1 Thess 5:15),
- Forbear one another in love (Eph 4:2),
- Be kind to one another and tenderhearted (Eph 4:32),
- Be subject to one another (Eph 5:21),
- Forgive each other (Col 3:13),
- Pray for one another (James 5:16),
- Love one another earnestly (1 Pt 1:22),
- Practice hospitality ungrudgingly to one another (1 Pt 4:9),
- Clothe yourselves with humility toward one another (1 Pt 5:5),
- Have fellowship with one another (1 Jn 1:7).
Excerpts from Confession: The Sacrament of Mercy. Pontifical Council for Promotion of the New Evangelization, Vatican City. Huntington, IN: Our Sunday Visitor Publishing Division, 2015, pp. 77–78.