Following are recipes and food resources gleaned during Internet reference searches.
I've received no compensation for these listing, except an occasional link exchange.
Please report "dead" links to
Recipes: BBQ & Grilling Recipes | Gluten-Free Celiac | Hot Dog Sauces | Holidays/Seasonal - Christmas - Thanksgiving | Food Resources | Food Safety Tips | Miscellaneous
For your convenience, following are new links: updated: 06/23/2015
- Grilling Central: Grilling and Summer Recipes from Food Network.
- 26 Chinese Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes. Table of Contents: Soups, Salads & Appetizers | Rice & Noodle Dishes | Beef & Duck Dishes | Chicken & Pork Dishes
- How to Cook the Best Asian Food: featuring delicious recipes.
- Definitive Guide To Stir-fry: Delicious To The Very Last Bite
- Asian Food Recipe (AllRecipes): Delicious recipes featuring the best of Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Thai, Filipino cusine, and more.
- Easy Asian Recipes (Food Network): Get easy Asian recipes, tips and techniques.
- Thai Table: learn to prepare authentic Thai dishes in the comfort of your kitchen.
- All Recipes: Everything you need to know about recipes and ingredients. Section tabs for Recipes, Budget Cooking, Holidays and Baking.
- America's Test Kitchen - Cook’s Illustrated: The absolute best recipes for all of your favorite foods. We test each recipe until we arrive at the combination of ingredients, technique, temperature, cooking time, and equipment that yields the best, most-foolproof recipe.
- Apple Recipes - Univ. of Illinois Extension: Plus, apple recipes for diabetics.
- Barbecue'n on The Internet: The Best Source of Barbecue Information on the Web, offers complete and accurate information on barbecuing, grilling and general outdoor cooking worldwide. From free newsletters to cookbook giveaways, your complete source for outdoor cooking information.
- BBQ & Grilling Recipes (Allrecipes): more than 1,620 trusted BBQ and grilling recipes from appetizers, to the standard meats and burgers, sauces and marinades, side dishes and even desserts and vegetarian recipes.
- Backyard BBQ Recipes: Food Network
- Grilling Central: Grilling and Summer Recipes from Food Network.
- Barbecue, Grilling, & Smoking Recipes (Yahoo)
- Classic Beef Brisket - Yankee Magazine
- Asian Spiced Stovetop Brisket - Yankee Magazine
- Grilling Recipes: (Ask) - BBQ, Grilled Ribs, Chicken, Steak, Seafood…BBQ Recipes…Hamburger Recipes…Chicken Recipes…Apple Pie Recipes…Potato Salad Recipes…Macaroni Salad Recipes.
- Grilling Recipes and Tips (The Old Farmers’ Almanac): Outdoor cooking may be the best way to prepare food. Here are some great grilling tips and recipes.
- Recipes for Barbecue Sauce.
- Betty Crocker Recipes: "Check out the Recipe of the Day. Looking for a new way to prepare any meal? Browse by Main Ingredient."
- Bisquick® Recipes - Betty Crocker: Recipes for Pancakes & Waffles, Pot Pies & Pizza, Impossibly Easy Pies, Biscuits & Quick Breads, Desserts, Breakfast, Emergency Meals.
- BreadWorld - Fleischmann's: Everything you need to know about baking bread. Includes resources & tips for beginners, sweet treats, pizzas & calzones, classic breads, holiday & specialty breads, rolls & buns, baking with kids.
- Cooking Bread: Bake bread like a master! Walk through one of the FREE bread recipe classes online. The detailed step-by-step instructions, include photos to help guide you through each bread recipe – from start to finish. Also, many different kinds of recipes from bread machine to family classics such as cheese bread and banana bread…
- Casserole Recipes: Main Dish, Chicken, & Vegetable (Old Farmer’s Almanac)
- CD Kitchen: Copycat restaurant recipes. Plus recipes galore for appetizers, dinners, desserts, soups, salads, sandwiches, pasta, baked goods, holidays, crock pot, breakfast & brunch, chocolate, cooking tips and food glossary.
- CheapCooking.com - Recipes
- CHOW: a new kind of food media…about the parties you really want to throw, the meals you really want to eat, the gear you really want to have—but we deliver it to you in audio, video, and more. Check out the illustrated recipes and the Holiday recipes section along the top tabs.
- Cookies and Bars Recipes - The Old Farmer's Almanac
- Chocolate Chip Cookies – allrecipes.com
Cooking - Recipes: browse recipes, more by ingredient, quick, occasion, diet, more. Cooks Recipes: A premier cooking & recipe internet resource featuring thousands of recipes. Includes a Cooking Dictionary of useful resource of culinary definitions for various cooking techniques, terms and recipe ingredients. Cooking Tips (Tips.Net): discover the tips and techniques that will enhance your enjoyment and your culinary skills. Tips cover baking, barbecue, desserts, easy meals, ethnic cooking, holidays, kitchen tips, pasta, soups, spices and more. Diabetic's Recipes (University of Illinois-Extensions Nutrition & Health): Includes Main Dishes, Side Dishes and Desserts. Duncan Hines® Recipes: Includes brownies, cakes, cookies & bars, muffins, specialty desserts. Epicurious: Recipes and menus Farmers' Almanac Food and Recipes: Cooking hints and tips, suggestions for healthier family meals, grocery shopping advice and more. Fave Diets: 1000’s of quick healthy recipes, diets, fitness tips and more! Learn how to maintain a healthy lifestyle, with all the tools you need to create a healthier you. Information about every kind of diet, from 7-day diets to meal based plans. Of course the best diet is simply to eat well. Fiesta of Flavors (University of Illinois-Extensions Nutrition & Health): Includes recipes for Appetizers, Soups, Main Dishes, Side Dishes, Desserts and Beverages. Also Fiesta de Sabores. The Food Bible: Gourmet recipes, cocktail recipes and expert cookery advice. Food Network Easy Recipes, Healthy Eating Ideas and Chef’s Recipes.
- Food Network - Kid-Friendly Recipes - Whether learning math skills, nutrition basics, or building self-esteem, kids can pick up a lot from cooking.
The Firefighters Cookbook Recipes (FireHouseChef.com): Everyone knows firefighters make great chefs! Here you will find easy to prepare and tasteful recipes created by firefighters world wide.
- Gluten-Free Recipes (Celiac Recipes) - Ask.com
- Gluten-free Recipes (Recipezaar)
- Gluten-free recipes from Just Food Recipes
Hot Dog Sauce Recipes (Google): Including Coney Island Chili, A&W Chili Dog Sauce Recipe, Michigan Chili Dog Sauce, and more. How to Make Jelly | How to Make Jams and Preserves – The Old Farmer’s Almanac James Beard Foundation - Food & Recipes Joy of Baking: For those who love baking and dessert recipes. Includes an A-Z Recipe Index, recipes for cakes, cookies, scones, muffins, pies & tarts, breakfast & brunch, biscotti & shortbreads. Just Food Recipes: Includes seasonal & holiday recipes, recipes by country, vegan recipes. KewlBites Recipe Index: by Reed Alexander includes Breakfast/Brunch, Salads/Sandwiches, Main Dishes, Beverages, Snacks/Desserts, Sides/Sauces. KitchenPC: Tabs include Find Recipes, What Can I Make and Pre-Made Meal Plans. Need help using up your leftovers? Enter the ingredients you have (one at a time)…KitchenPC will attempt to generate a set of recipes that will most efficiently use the ingredients and amounts you specify. Kraft Foods - Quick and Easy Mealtime Recipes: Includes Appetizer Recipes | Dip Recipes | Casserole Recipes | Dinner Recipes | Pasta Recipes | One Pot Wonder Recipes | Dessert Recipes | Cake Recipes | Cheesecake Recipes | Cookie Recipes | Kid Friendly Recipes. Land O'Lakes Featured Recipes: Entrees, Side Dishes, Deserts, Snacks & Appetizers, Sandwiches, Breads, Sauces, and more. Martha Stewart: explore more than 20 years of recipes, crafts, entertaining articles, and videos. Includes Cooking: Recipes & How-Tos | Seasonal Produce Recipe Guide | Kitchen Wisdom videos | Celebrate: Parties & Holidays | Bartending Basics | Crafts & DIY Home.Recipes, Baking Recipes, Light & Healthy, Beverages, Cooking School, Cookie of the Day. McCormick's Recipes Meals - Neslte's Kitchen Meal Planning Made Easy. Dedicated to being your ultimate meals resource. It definitely tries to meet its goal with thousands of recipes available. The Old Farmer's Almanac: Cooking & Recipes Pillsbury® Recipes: Includes recipes for Cooking for Two | Guide for Baking at High Altitude | Holidays | Main Ingredient | Meal/Course. The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Complete Recipe Index. Pizza Guide for Amateurs: The Ridiculously Thorough Guide to Making Your Own Pizza Real Simple Magazine - Food & Recipes: Find the best quick and easy recipes, simple meal planning ideas, healthy snacks, and cooking techniques. Recipezaar: A fun and lively site that brings together thousands of recipes. First-time visitors can look at the "Recipe of the Day" feature on the homepage, and then browse recipes by ingredient, cuisine, occasion, course, and preparation. Recipes@Beliefnet Recipe resources for meat, seafood, vegetarian, vegan; holiday recipes; planning holiday meals & baking; recipes for salads, smoothies, soups, pasta & desserts. Recipe Goldmine: over 39,000 recipes, cooking tips, food preparation, kitchen charts. Recipes for Kids (KidsHealth): Includes recipe categories Kids With Cystic Fibrosis | Kids With Diabetes | Vegetarian Recipes | Kids With Lactose Intolerance | Kids With Celiac Disease. Recipe Lion - Recipes for All Seasons and Occasions: The joys of cooking and culinary delights bringing you a diverse array of free online recipes to please any palate. Free food recipes for all seasons and occasions during the year, catering to different tastes. From healthy meals and low fat recipes to sinful cake recipes and recipes crock pot recipes, you will have a huge variety to choose from. RecipeSource: organized into two major groups – 1) recipes primarily identified with an ethnic cuisine are broken down by region and ethnic group; 2) recipes are categorized by the type of dish. Recipe Source is the new home of SOAR: The Searchable Online Archive of Recipes. Relishes, Sauces, Seasonings - Mr. Food: A-Z listing. Reynolds® Kitchens – Recipes : Featuring everything from easy recipes, 30 Minute Meals, classic favorites, and lavish spreads for the whole family.
- Reynolds® Kitchens – Tips & Techniques: Whether it’s the basics of cooking with aluminum foil or something more advanced, Reynolds® wide variety of easy-to-follow tips will help you all around the kitchen and beyond.
Ro*tel Recipes: Dinners, Dips & Appetizers, Salsa, Sandwiches/Wraps… Simply Recipes: Many of the recipes are family recipes, and many of them are those gleaned from cookbooks, magazines, and newspaper clippings collected over 30 years. Also, favorite cooking and food blogs from around the world. Slow-Cooker Recipes: 1000's of Free Slow Cooker Recipes, Videos, How-To Slow Cook Guides. Smitten Kitchen Recipes: Includes seasonal favorites, appetizers, breads, budget, cakes, Chinese/Vietnamese, cookies, desserts, grains& rice, sandwiches, seafood, soups, thanksgiving. SoupSong Everything you needed to know about making soups—hot/cold soups, soups as a meal, international soups, vegan soups, and soup tales. Southern Living Recipes Spark Recipes Healthy-Delicious-Recipes. Browse by Occasion, Ethnicity, Dietary Needs or Courses. Summer Recipes: The Old Farmer’s Almanac Taste of Home Recipes: Browse by recipe type or category. Includes recipes for Slow Cooker, Grilling, Soups, Dinners, Healthy Eating, Cuisine Style, Holiday & Celebration, Budgets, Seasonal, for Kids, and more. Top 100 Easy Breezy Recipe Sites Top Secret Recipes®: original custom recipes that have been created from scratch in the test kitchen by Todd Wilbur who has devoted the last 15 years to kitchen cloning. Todd can often spend days at a time and dozens of attempts creating the perfect clone of a famous brand-name product. USDA Mixing Bowl Web – USDA Food, Nutrition, and Consumer Services: a searchable database of more than 1,000 mouth-watering recipes that are scaled for large quantity foodservice. Most recipes for school nutrition yield 50 or 100 portions per recipe, while most recipes for child care centers yield 25 or 50 portions per recipe. So that these popular dishes can be shared with parents and prepared at home, many of these recipes are available in the household search with fewer portions per recipe. The Vegan Chef: wonderful way of eating, with animal-free recipes created from a vegan chef's perspective. The recipes section contains a large selection of my vegan creations, many of which are raw, wheat-free, gluten-free, low-fat, and/or sugar-free—click on the "recipes" button on the left. Watermelon Recipes - National Watermelon Promotion Board. Recipes for beverages, cocktails, salads, salsas & sauces, desserts. What's in Season: Fall Recipes. Autumn still offers a bountiful harvest of fruit and vegetables. Bring fresh apples, potatoes and pumpkins to the table with these fall recipes from the Old Farmer’s Almanac recipe archive. Yankee Magazine - Food: search recipe database for Breakfast & Brunch, Lunch, Main Dishes, Appetizers, Salads, Soup, Side Dishes, Desserts. Yummly: Indexing recipes from across the web - 500,000 recipes from sources like Allrecipes, Epicurious, Food Network, Chow, Food & Wine, Martha Stewart, My Recipes, Real Simple, and Recipezaar.
- Fourth of July Recipes and History (The Old Farmer's Almanac)
- Martha Stewart Holidays: Seasonal menus, recipe index and planning guides
- Holiday Baking - Taste of Home: Delicious favorites like cinnamon rolls, sticky buns, stollen, scones, muffins, fruitcake, yeast breads, quick breads and coffee cake.
- The Holiday Entertaining Arsenal (NY Times): Arm yourself with recipes for hors d'oeuvres, drinks, main courses and desserts to feed a small, festive dinner party or a big holiday crowd.
- Holidays & Parties - Food Network: appetizers, recipes, desserts, mixed drinks.
- Holiday Recipe Section - Food Reference
- Holiday Recipes from Ochef.com
- Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Holiday Recipes (The Old Farmer’s Almanac)
- How to Roast a Turkey (The Old Farmer’s Almanac)
- Chanukah Recipes: Google | Ask
- Christmas Recipes: Google | Ask
- Advent Google | Ask
- 6 Wonderful Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas - Free eCookbook (from Editors of RecipeLion): This collection of traditional Christmas dinner ideas includes easy-to-follow recipes: from one of the most popular Christmas soup ideas, to Christmas entrée ideas, to an irresistible option for Christmas dessert recipes.
- Christmas Recipes - Recipe Lion Recipes
- 50 Favorite Christmas Cookie Recipes: easy cookie recipes and has everything from chocolate Christmas cookies and nutty Christmas cookies to traditional cookie recipes and fruit-filled cookie recipes.
- Christmas & Holiday Recipes from Betty Crocker.
- Christmas Recipe Collections, Cooking and Entertaining Tips (The Old Farmer's Almanac)
- Holiday Recipes, Cookies, Breads, Candy (The Old Farmer’s Almanac): Recipes include: Spicy Sinterklass Cakes (Speculaas), Christmas Granola, Christmas Stollen, and more.
- Mrs. Claus' Cookbook from the NorthPole Kitchen. Includes recipes for cookies, cakes, pies, breads, fudge, candy, and other recipes.
- Christmas Baking - AllRecipes.com
- Christmas Baking Recipes - Joy of Baking
- DIY: Christmas. The Do-It-Yourself Holidays site 'has the recipe for a perfect holiday season: fabulous food, cozy gatherings, fun seasonal crafts, and handmade gifts.
- Lenten Recipes: Google | Ask
- Easter Recipes: Google | Ask
- Memorial Day Recipes: Google | Ask
- St. Patrick's Day recipes: Google | Ask
- Irish Recipes for St. Patrick's Day (Land O'Lakes)
- Super Bowl Food and Recipes: Here are dozens of Super Bowl recipes, including party snacks and finger foods, dips and spreads, hearty sandwich recipes, and more.
- Thanksgiving Planning Guide (Butterball): Preparing for the holidays is hectic enough. That’s why Butterball put together a helpful guides to help make your holidays easy and delicious.
- Butterball’s Heartwarming Holiday Favorite Recipes.
- How to Carve a Turkey: Step-by-step tips to a perfectly carved turkey that you can proudly present at your Thanksgiving feast!
- Give us a call at 1-800-BUTTERBALL or drop us an email if you have any questions. A wealth of knowledge is waiting for you now, and it’s just a click or call away.
- Safely Prepare Your Holiday Meal (CDC). When preparing a turkey, be aware of the four main safety issues: thawing, preparing, stuffing, and cooking to adequate temperature.
- Turkey for the Holidays (University of Illinois-Extension's Nutrition & Health): How to select and prepare the turkey, carving, complimentary dishes, safety and that all important aspect of a turkey meal leftovers, En Español.
- 30 Perfect Pumpkin Recipes (MrFood): Create some sweet treats, or a show-stopping dessert to make for your Thanksgiving dinner, these easy pumpkin recipes are sure to please everyone!
- 22 Stuffing Recipes (MrFood) Citrus Stuffing, Holiday Sausage Stuffing, Mama's Old Fashioned Stuffing, Traditional Herb Stuffing, and more.
- Thanksgiving - Food Network: Includes Turkey Recipes for Whole Roasted Turkeys, Fried or Grilled, For Smaller Gatherings, Non-Traditional Turkey and Healthy Recipes from Eating Well.
- Thanksgiving Recipes (AllRecipes): Thanksgiving recipes for Appetizers | Thanksgiving Bread | Cranberries | Dressings and Stuffings | Salads | Gravy | Green Bean Casseroles | Thanksgiving Leftovers | Pies and Desserts | Potatoes | Pumpkin | Side Dishes | Sweet Potatoes/Yams, and, yes, Thanksgiving Turkey Recipes.
- Everything Thanksgiving - Martha Stewart: Tabs for Turkey Recipes | Side Dishes | Pies & Desserts | Menus | Thanksgiving Leftovers
- Thanksgiving Cooking topic page (NY Times): features recipes, articles, Q&As, multimedia and more.
- Thanksgiving Recipes (The Old Farmer's Almanac): Main Dishes, Stuffing, Sides, and Desserts. Thanksgiving and Christmas Leftover Recipes.
- Thanksgiving Advice & Tips (ThriftyFun): Baking/Cooking Tips | Crafts/Decorations | Hosting Tips | Recipes | Turkey Tips.
- Thanksgiving dinner - Instructables: We want you to be able to have the perfect feast ready. So we've whipped up a fresh batch of Instructables that will help you out with everything from the turkey to the side dishes and even a dessert and a bit of apple cider.
- Thanksgiving Recipes: Ask | Google
- BeliefNet's Guide to Thanksgiving: Includes "How to Give Thanks," Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes, 21 Gratitude quotes.
Valentine's Day Recipes: Desserts, Dinner, Cookies, Breakfast. More Valentine's Day recipes.
- AOL Food: recipes, menu ideas, drinks, entertaining and in-depth information about everything from herbs and spices to weights and measurements.
- Apples & More - Univ. of Illinois Extension. History & Legends, Apple Facts, Varieties, Facts on Growing Apples, Selections & Uses and Recipes (most important before entering that apple pie baking contest).
- Berry Fruit Guide: information on, and uses for, a wide variety of berries, many you might not have previously known.
- CheapCooking: Frugal tips for cutting back on your grocery bill, cheap and easy recipes, menu planning ideas, shopping hints, frugal living ideas, and a downloadable grocery list and price book.
- Chefs - Recipes: culinary information provided by professionals and amateurs alike. Here you can browse through hundreds of cooking-related categories and subjects.
- Coffee & Health – Institute for Scientific information on Coffee (ISIC): devoted to the study and disclosure of science related to coffee and health.
- The Cook's Thesaurus: cooking encyclopedia that covers thousands of ingredients and kitchen tools. Entries include pictures, descriptions, synonyms, pronunciations, and suggested substitutions.
- Exploratorium - The Science of Cooking Discover how a pinch of curiosity can improve your cooking! Explore recipes, activities, and Webcasts that will enhance your understanding of the science behind food and cooking.
- Food Reference: A collection of modern, classic, historic, cookbook, restaurant and chefs recipes, cooking tips, techniques & methods.
- The Fruit Pages: "Everything you want to know about fruit."
- Gourmet Sleuth: 'THE gourmet food and cooking resource.' This site is actually a 'culinary directory [that] contains thousands of links to food, cooking, and drink web sites.' You'll find ethnic foods, wine, beer, even culinary definitions should you question any of the terms bandied about by experienced chefs.
- Local HarvestAmerica's #1 organic and local food website maintains a definitive and reliable "living" public nationwide directory of small farms, farmers markets, and other local food sources. Just use the search engine or click on the map to find direct links to and information about the local food growers in your area.
- McCormick's Spices for Health. A must for your "virtual cookbook" shelf.
- MyPlate On Campus: an initiative to get college and university students talking about healthy eating and working with their campus community to create ways for students to adopt healthy lifestyles that they can maintain during and beyond their college years.
- National Center for Home Food Preservation: Current research-based recommendations for most methods of home food preservation. The Center advises people on how to can foods safely, along with offering recipes for how to make delicious foods.
- Nutrition Facts for Raw Fruits and for Raw Vegetables (Food and Drug Administration) - downloadable PDFs
- O Chef - Answers to Life's Vexing Cooking Questions: Daily publication of Food News Service, which syndicates food news and articles to newspapers, magazine publishers, and Internet sites around the world.
- The Old Farmer’s Almanac Guide to Spices and Herbs in the Kitchen (e-book)
- Popcorn - a whole grain food: The Popcorn Board is a non-profit organization funded by U.S. popcorn processors. The Board strives to raise the awareness of U.S. popcorn as a nutritious and versatile snack through domestic and international marketing efforts.
- Quinoa: Ancient "Grain" of the Incas: A recently rediscovered ancient "grain" native to South America not only high in protein, but the protein it supplies is complete protein, meaning that it includes all nine essential amino acids.
- The Tea Table: loose teas – black, green, white, Oolong, decaf, herbal – plus tea wares and accessories.
- Nicholas Coffee Company: "We pledge to our customers the finest in quality and service at the lowest possible price. We are able to fulfill this pledge because, unlike most of our competitors, we are roasters of all of our coffees and importers of teas and spices. On many items that we carry, we are distributors and therefore eliminate ‘middleman’ costs."
- Adagio Teas: loose teas – black, green, white, Oolong, decaf, herbal – and tea ware and accessories.
- Spice Advice: online guide to using spices. Information on different kinds of spices and helps you to decide the right spice combination for your meal. The site has spice usage tips, a spice encyclopedia.
- Ask Karen – USDA Food Safety Education: search our knowledge base of common food safety questions.
- Food Safety Fact Sheets – USDA
- FDA: 7 Tips for Cleaning Fruits, Vegetables. U.S. Food & Drug Administration.
Hard Surface Hygiene Fact Sheet: Information on Disinfecting and Sanitizing Products. A new consumer fact sheet published by The Soap and Detergent Association (SDA) describes the safe, beneficial, and proper use of surface cleaning products and disinfectants. Still Tasty - Ultimate Shelf Life Guide: Comprehensive information about how long you can keep thousands of foods and beverages.
- Drinks Mixer: Includes Bartender Guide, Glossary, Search for drinks recipes, Measurements and Terminology.
- Allrecipes - Cocktails has more than 290 trusted cocktail recipes complete with ratings, reviews and mixing tips.
- Summer Cocktails from All Recipes. Cool down this summer with our top-rated cocktail recipes.
- Bartender (Bartender Magazine): Hundreds of Cocktail Recipes - Blender Drinks, Bourbon Cocktails, Champagne Cocktails, Cool Drinks (for Hot Weather), Cordials, Gin Cocktails, Irish Cocktails, Juice Drinks, Martini Recipes, Miscellaneous Favorites, Rum Cocktails, Shooters, Summer-tinis, Tequila Drinks, Vodka Cocktails.
- Drink Street: home of the best drink recipes online. Browse over 1500 drink recipes. Organized by category so that you can learn how to make them quickly and see other drinks that you might be interested in. Or use the search box to search for the recipe for your favorite drink.
- Napkin Folding 101: learn how to fold many designs
- Nutrition - National Agricultural Library, Food and Nutrition Information Center. "The Best Nutrition Information at Your Fingertips." Answers numerous nutrition related questions, provides helpful hints on planning nutritional meals, food recalls, and food safety. People trying to lose weight can find suggestions for weight control through exercise and proper nutrition. Users can also find useful information about food composition and how your diet can prevent or help manage diseases.
- Tips for Healthy Eating (Guardian Insurance)